The error is being returned because the account that has been used is a Header Account. You are unable to POST using a Header Account. The account that is used on the Sale/Purchase will need to be a Detail Account. We recommend checking if an account is a Detail or Header Account, you can complete a GET request using the endpoint /GeneralLedger/Account
- Detail accounts—sometimes called sub-accounts, these are the accounts to which you allocate transactions.
- Header accounts—these accounts group related detail accounts to help you organise your accounts list.
- You cannot allocate transactions to a header account.
- The balance of a header account is the sum of the detail accounts indented directly below it.
- You can have up to three header account levels.
- How you group your accounts can affect how totals and subtotals are calculated on reports.
- Top-level header accounts, such as 2-0000, cannot be edited.
From the UI: The header and detailed account are displayed as below:
If you have any questions, feel to log a ticket with the Customisation & Integration Team.