From 6th September 2021, changes to the MYOB Developer Program will come into effect.
MYOB Developer Terms & Conditions;
MYOB is updating the MYOB Developer Program Terms and Conditions. This will come into effect as of 6th September 2021.
Here is the Summary of the changes:
- A number of changes to defined terms including:
- that “add on solutions” is now described as “apps”;
- the addition of “member” and “membership” definitions for greater certainty to our partners.
- Changes to the Program membership inclusions and exclusions of the Program Membership including clarifying membership benefits; removal of certification standards (clause 1-3).
- Added clarity to the members right to use MYOB’s trademarks for promotional purposes (clauses 19-21).
- Changes to the member obligations including additional obligations to:
- not causing any damage or harm to our production environment;
- comply with any technical standards, support processes and instructions that we give from time to time; and
- promptly let us know if an App is modified in comparison to the version that we have reviewed and approved. (clause 11)
- Changes to the Program restrictions including allowing MYOB to either require the member to change the app (to the extent that it operates within our production environment); or remove their App from our production environment, if their Apps are in breach of these Terms. (Clause 12).
- Amended the termination period from 14 days to 30 days (Clauses 29-32).
- Changes to MYOB and Member Liability and Indemnity. (Clauses 24-27).
- Changes to fees and term. (clauses 33-37).
- Included additional security and privacy law obligations. (clauses 46-47).
For full details on our Terms and Conditions, take a look here - MYOB Developer Program Terms and Conditions.
MYOB AccountRight shared Sandbox's;
With MYOB Essentials and AccountRight now using the same API, As part of the Developer Program, Developers get access to their own MYOB Essentials file for testing.
From 6th September 2021, MYOB will start to remove the MYOB API Shared Sandbox files for AccountRight. If you still require access to a shared sandbox file for AccountRight, then you will need to reach out to the API Support Team and the Team will invite you to a new shared sandbox.
For any questions, please reach to the API Support Team by logging a ticket here