We’ve been building out the API incrementally as we build multi-currency. First, we focused on building restrictions for interacting with foreign transactions via the API, to protect against accidental data corruption. In 2019.1 we’re allowing read-only access of foreign transactions through the API.
In the future, we’ll be removing those restrictions and enabling API enhancements to support foreign transactions.
In 2018.2 we introduced the following API capabilities for foreign purchases:
- /GeneralLedger/Currency endpoint
- Read-only “foreign currency” field on bills, spend/receive money, supplier cards and accounts.
- Two types of API errors for foreign currencies.
Foreign sales invoices
Invoices which have foreign currency data can be deleted, or retrieved with a GET request, but they can’t be updated or created.
- Delete foreign sales invoices.
- Retrieve the following fields and view them in foreign currencies:
o Amount Due
o Unit price
o Total Price
o Total Tax
o Total Amount
o Foreign Currency Code
o Foreign Currency Name
o Foreign Currency UID
o Currency Exchange Rate
- Update foreign sales invoices.
- Create new foreign sales invoices.
Foreign sales orders and quotes
Sales orders and quotes which have foreign currency data can be deleted, or retrieved with a GET request, but they can’t be updated or created.
- Delete foreign sales orders and quotes.
- Retrieve the Foreign Currency Code/Name/UID for foreign sales orders and quotes.
- Update foreign sales orders or quotes.
- Create new foreign sales orders or quotes.
Payments with and without discounts, credit notes settlements, refunds
Multi-currency will be available for these functions in a future release.
General API Updates
API quote endpoints returning a 500 error
In AccountRight 2018.4 and earlier the API quote endpoints would return a generic 500 error when a Company File’s Freight Income Account was set to a non-income account. We've fixed this and aligned the functionality with the UI.
Time billing details for the Employee endpoint for New Zealand
We’ve updated the ARL API Contact/Employee endpoint to return the employees’ billing rate and hourly cost in the response.
This data will be available under the TimeBillingDetails property in the response and will be returned even if Payroll has not been set up.
A bug was introduced in the 2019.1 desktop API that prevents it from connecting with local 2018.4 company files only. It can still connect successfully with versions prior to 2018.4. The two options for this are:
- Upgrade the 2018.4 files to 2019.1 (recommended solution).
- Install 2018.4.2 using one of the following options; PC Edition or Server Edition.
Both options will allow successful connections to local 2018.4 files.
Ready to Update.
To update to AccountRight 2019.1, this can be downloaded by logging into the my.MYOB website.
For help with installing AccountRight 2019.1, take a look at the Product Support Teams Help Article on Getting the Latest Verison.