We often get the following questions:
- I would like to connect MYOB AccountRight to Salesforce
- Can I connect MYOB AccountRight to Microsoft Dynamics
- I'd like to integrate MYOB AccountRight to Mailchimp
- I want to sync my sales with WooCommerce (or Weebly or Wix or Shopify)
- I'd like to build a webservice to call the MYOB AccountRight API
Many popular tools these days allow web service connections between parties via API to facilitate the flow of data between these tools. The first thing to explore is our myob.com/addons gallery of existing ecosystem providers. You might find solutions that already have completed this work. We love the work of our friends at oneSAAS who have built connectors to MYOB AccountRight and MYOB Essentials to many of these popular online tools.
I want to develop my own integration
There are a few simple steps you need to complete should you wish to undertake your own bespoke integration to any of these online tools.
- Register for MYOB API access
- Head over to our developer portal and register for API access
- Build out the OAUTH flow
- You will need to build the OAUTH flow so you (or your client) can grant permission for Salesforce (or Microsoft, or WooCommerce or Zapier or Integromat or IFTTT or any online service) to read and write the data to the company file
- Read the Authentication documentation here
- Explore our Postman collection of Authentication here
- Allow the user to select their company file
- Many users of MYOB AccountRight will have more than one company file, so once the OAUTH connection is made, the first thing you must do is allow the user to select the specific file they wish to work with. This step can be a little tricky as not all online platforms allow for a selector from a list & tools like Zapier can need a little custom scripting for this step.
- Read the Company File list documentation here
- Explore our Postman collection showing how to list the company files here
- Make calls to the API
- Depending on what you want to sync between MYOB AccountRight and the online service you are integrating too, you will want to make a combination of GET and POST or PUT requests to the API.
- Customers - documentation | Postman examples
- Invoices - documentation | Postman examples
- Item Sales - documentation | Postman examples
- Miscellaneous Invoice (great for end of day sales) - documentation | Postman examples
Of course once you have the Authentication steps taken care of, they sky is your limit as to what you can integrate and sync between MYOB AccountRight and tools like Salesforce, Dynamics, Navision, Integromat, Zapier, MailChimp, CampaignMonitor, IoT devices, and many more.