We’re updating the errors that our API will return based on your API key status and usage. The changes will apply to the following errors:
- developer_inactive (inactive or missing API keys)
- API key over QPS (over per-second rate limit)
- API key over threshold (over daily rate limit)
- Gateway timeout (long-running API calls)
The new API responses will no longer be HTML responses but will instead be a JSON object (similar to the existing AccountRight Live errors). You’ll also see a LearnMore link has been included too.
Here’s an example of the new developer_inactive error.
The updated API errors will be returned from all API hostnames including:
- ar3.api.myob.com (until decommissioned later this year)
We’re on schedule to make this update on May 8th, after which you’ll receive the new API errors.