We know how much time, blood, sweat and tears go into building awesome solutions and products. We also know this is only the beginning of the journey as you now need to market your product. MYOB wants to help you with this journey. We have over a million customers across Australia and New Zealand who are using MYOB products, and we want to help get your solution in front of this potential audience.
One of the tools we have is our Add-Ons Directory, a single place on the main MYOB corporate site that brings together the solutions that integrate to our software. If you haven't checked it out yet, we recommend taking a look. This directory is more than just your logo on a page, as it offers dedicated pages to your solutions and a dedicated page to your business. This is great for those with multiple solutions, giving customers one place to find all your solutions.
To list your add-on on our site head to our Developer Portal and follow the 3 steps outlined on there.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do you look for in deciding whether to accept an add-on to your directory?
- We will list anything that integrates to one of the MYOB products, provided it is helping simplify or improve business life for our joint clients. Integration should be via API. We no longer accept the ODBC integrations nor file import/export solutions.
- NOTE: we are no longer accepting new listings for CSV Import or ODBC based integrations.
- All new listings must leverage one of our public APIs
- How many listing applications do you reject, and why?
- We do from time to time reject an application if it doesn't meet the standards our users expect. We will have a full conversation with you and many times the issues can be resolved. Usually, this is around your user interface, the user experience or not the following industry recognised coding practices around data security and OAuth token flows.
- Does this process need to be repeated when we add new features, or is this a one-off vetting process?
- If the features are important to customers, it is in your best interest to tell us and update your listing.
- What are the benefits of being listed?
- Listing is all about marketing and promotion of your solution through our channels. There is a better chance of MYOB clients coming across your product when they visit our add-on page looking for solutions.
- Do you offer any payment mechanisms for add-ons to charge users through MYOB, or do we need to charge directly to our users?
- We provide a directory type service, at this stage, we don't offer the ability to purchase add-ons through MYOB.
- We simply direct the client through to your website/phone etc for them to have a relationship with you.